For many considering investing in either crypto or bullion, storage is a key consideration. Storage of either can be an easy, low cost exercise, with a number of options available.
So what are your options?
- Taking it home – safes, hiding places, buried, the choice is yours and largely depends on how much you have to store and your home security.
- Secure storage – offsite secure facilities such as Reserve Vault, bank safe deposit boxes, and other Australian vaults. Reserve Vault also offers a Bullion Custodial service that sees them manage your storage, provide full insurance, and regular inventory reports for SMSF audits etc. Ainslie is the majority shareholder of Reserve Vault, bringing our 40+ years of experience to the business.
- Ainslie Storage Account
- Bullion Allocated Storage – Ainslie Bullion can store your actual purchases in our own section of Reserve Vault for an annual charge. Allocated storage is fully insured.
- Bullion Unallocated Storage – You can buy a share of bullion held by Ainslie Bullion at Reserve Vault. All purchases are matched by metal held on our account and incur no charge other than a one off entry fee only for silver. Unallocated storage is fully insured.
- Ainslie Crypto Storage Account - click here for more information.
When considering the cost of storage we urge customers to look at the cost on a percentage of your holding’s worth basis to give the amount some perspective. You should consider this against items such as brokerage fees, barring and freight in ETF’s, property management fees and rates, etc for other investment or asset classes.
Looking for crypto custodial service, where we look after everything for you? Click here.